Middle School Goals
Vision: Together We Achieve Excellence Beyond Expectations
Mission: We Promote Pride, Inspire Growth, and Foster Innovation
- S-VE will increase awareness, interest and involvement by encouraging collaborative efforts to develop school spirit and community pride.
- S-VE will cultivate creative, problem solving and future ready citizens through rich experiences and positive relationships.
- S-VE will invest in and support social-emotional well-being, academic growth and community through meaningful connections.
2021-22 Middle School Objectives:
School Spirit/Community Pride
Students, faculty, and staff will create a feeling of increased school belonging by:
- Providing t-shirts for every person in the building
- Sharing grade level activities via social media at least once weekly
- Having 90% or higher participation in Spirit Weeks through homeroom competitions
- Continuing to sing the Alma Mater on Fridays
- Using Staff Shout Outs and Student Classcraft Kudos to encourage positive talk, express gratitude, look for positives, and share monthly during announcements and homeroom
- Having each student and staff participate in at least one bagging session for Grab and Go's by the end of the school year
- Participating in yearly pull tab collections, recycling drives and other community drives
Future Ready Citizens
- To better facilitate self-advocacy and various communication skills, each student will check their grades and e-mail a screenshot to their parent/guardian and homeroom teacher on Wednesday's during homeroom. They will also answer a brief questionnaire to ensure task completion.
- In accordance with the SEL curriculum we will offer students six booster lessons regarding opportunities to learn about kindness and earn points in Classcraft.
- Students will participate in the Career Development Center Career Day and will explore various trade vocations.
Social-Emotional Well-Being, Growth and Connections
- S-VE will build and celebrate kindness by focusing on the 5 social emotional competencies embedded in our instruction
- Staff will increase the use of social emotional learning vocabulary
- Staff will be provided starting materials for sharing each competency
- We will focus on one competency per marking period and add on a new one
- MP1: Self-Awareness
- MP2: Social Awareness
- MP3: Self-Management
- MP4: Relationship Skills
- MP5: Responsible Decision Making
- MP6: Practice all competencies
- *We will conduct a survey check-in at the end of each marking period to review with staff and students