Board of Education
Vision: Together We Achieve Excellence Beyond Expectations
Mission: We Promote Pride, Inspire Growth, & Foster Innovation
Questions/Feedback always welcome: email email@example.com
- S-VE will increase awareness, interest and involvement by encouraging collaborative efforts to develop school spirit and community pride.
- S-VE will cultivate creative, problem solving and future ready citizens through rich experiences and positive relationships.
- S-VE will invest in and support social-emotional well-being, academic growth and community through meaningful connections.
- 2020-21 Elementary School Objectives
- 2020-21 Middle School Objectives
- 2020-21 High School Objectives
- Digital Citizenship
- PBIS (Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports)
- RtI (Response to Intervention) & WIN ("Whatever I Need")
- Spirit and Pride Days
Board of Education: 2020-21
|Don Johnson, President||589-6744|
|Sean Vallely,Vice President||739-3996|
Public Participation at Board Meetings
Spencer-Van Etten Board of Education business meetings are generally held on the second Thursday of each month and the fourth Thursday of each month being reserved for workshops. Meetings begin at 7:00 PM in the Middle School Library.
The Board of Education encourages public participation at its meetings in accordance with New York State law, which establishes the right of citizens to attend and listen to the deliberations of the board. There will be a specific agenda item at each regular board meeting to provide members of the school community an opportunity to address the board regarding agenda items and other concerns that can be legally discussed at a public session of the board.
The board shall establish a reasonable time period for such discussion and procedures to be followed by members of the community who wish to address the board.
The superintendent of schools is hereby directed to develop a regulation that establishes reasonable procedures to implement and execute this policy.
The president of the board shall be responsible for recognizing individuals wishing to address the board, determining if the actions and/or comments of the individual are in accordance with this policy and accompanying regulation and for taking action to advise any member of the community that he/she is out of order.
Regulations for Board Meeting Participation
The following procedures are hereby established for public comments at board meetings:
- Individuals who wish to address the board should sign the form provided by the district clerk prior to the start of the meeting. If possible, individuals should contact the superintendent s office prior to the meeting to request being placed on the agenda.
- The time period for public comment shall not exceed 30 minutes unless extended by a majority vote of the board. Any individual will be limited to a maximum of five minutes unless granted additional time by the board.
- Individuals may address items listed on the official agenda or such topics as may be legally addressed in a public session of the Board of Education.
- Individuals who wish to allege wrongdoing or misconduct on the part of specific employees or students must follow board policies established for that purpose and will not be allowed to address such items to the board except as provided in Policy 1440 (Complaints About School Personnel).
- Individuals who wish to allege wrongdoing or misconduct on the part of any company engaged by the school district must do so in writing to the board and will not be allowed to make such allegations in a public session of the board.
- No individual will be allowed to use profanity, abusive language, or make personal attacks, whether they are directed at the board members, school employees, students or members of the school community.
- Any individual who willfully violates this regulation or refuses to comply with a request from the president of the Board of Education may be prohibited from addressing the board for a period of time to be determined by a majority vote of the board.