Middle School Goals
Vision: Together We Achieve Excellence Beyond Expectations
Mission: We Promote Pride, Inspire Growth, and Foster Innovation
- S-VE will increase awareness, interest and involvement by encouraging collaborative efforts to develop school spirit and community pride.
- S-VE will cultivate creative, problem solving and future ready citizens through rich experiences and positive relationships.
- S-VE will invest in and support social-emotional well-being, academic growth and community through meaningful connections.
2019-20 Middle School Objectives:
#1 - S-VE will invest in and support social-emotional well-being, academic growth, and community through meaningful connections.
1. 100% of transfers and 5th grade S-VE students will receive character education and will participate in a community service learning project by the end of the year.
2. 100% of faculty will complete a book study (Helping Children Succeed by Paul Tough) and participate in conversations to better develop an understanding of SEL by December 2019 (report out at faculty meeting, 8 sections per month.)
3. 100% of students will have an adult faculty connection at the S-VE MS as measured by November Notecard Connection Activity.
4. Increase students' NWEA growth in math and reading as based on NWEA growth score data from Spring to Spring.
#2 - S-VE will cultivate creative, problem solving, and future-ready citizens through rich experiences and positive partnerships.
1. Each marking period the SVE Middle School will host community members to present about their careers within each grade level.
2. Grade levels will plan and deliver monthly mini lessons on digital citizenship/bullying/social-emotional well-being.
3. S-VE Middle School students will increase ownership and accountability of behavior by having 100% of planning room tickets being completed and shared with the teacher.
4. Each teacher, in their syllabus, will communicate available time to meet with students to check-in and discuss academic and behavioral standing to facilitate self-advocacy and communication skills.
#3 S-VE will increase awareness, interest and involvement by encouraging collaborative efforts to develop school spirit and community pride.
1. 100% of S-VE Middle School staff and students will learn the alma mater (pep rallies/Friday announcements).
2. 75% of S-VE Middle School staff and students will participate in Panther Pride Day every last Friday of the month (School Spirit Day) as measured by homeroom checks.
3. S-VE Middle School staff will recognize students and staff members monthly through announcements, faculty meetings, and bulletin boards.
4. At least once a Marking Period, S-VE Middle School grade level teams will send out grade level newsletters to families and all staff.
5. At least once a week each grade level, S-VE Middle School will use social media (Twitter/Facebook) to spotlight and encourage collaborative efforts in the school and community.