High School Library
Library Assistant: Sally Marx
The mission of the Spencer-Van Etten library media program is to ensure that all students are college and career ready at graduation. Throughout a student’s career, he or she will learn to ethically and creatively use information, evaluate and communicate information in all formats, think critically, and always ask questions while pursuing excellence.
preK-12 District Librarian: Allison Farmer email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @SVELibraryLady
Search the Web OPAC and Databases
All students, teachers and community members have access to the online library catalogs for the three Spencer-Van Etten School Libraries as well as local public library catalogs.
Once there, you can search for books housed in the library and access the many online databases that are provided for research purposes. To access the databases from home students and staff should check with the Library Staff for necessary logins and passwords.
Boolean & Truncation Tutorials (click here)
- How to use AND, OR, NOT effectively
- Use * symbol to find more words Dog* = Dogs, Dogma, Dogmatic, etc.
Students will be able to:
- Read for pleasure
- Gather, organize, analyze, and communicate relevant information during the research process
- Reflect and synthesize knowledge
- Create products with the use of technology
- Inquire and wonder at every stage throughout their school career
- Understand how to be a good digital citizen
i.e. Copyright, citing of sources, etc.
- Form their own questions during the information seeking process
- Use multiple resources, both print and non-print, effectively