The Family Room will operate on Tuesdays from 9-11am
when school is in session for the 2019-20 school year.
The Family Room is located in the S-VE Elementary building.
Please check the website calendar to confirm the Family Room schedule.
What is the Family Room?
The Elementary School houses a “Family Room” program where parents and guardians of birth through preschool aged children in the S-VE School District can bring and stay with your child for interactive play-time, participate in provided craft activity, rotate bringing a snack to share and listen to a story once a week. This program is designed to assist you and your child in becoming familiar with the Spencer-Van Etten Central School District, as well as help your child in the transition of entering school pre-K or kindergarten.
This opportunity has allowed children to meet new friends that have become their classmates in Pre-K, introduced children to the structure of school and assisted parents and guardians in becoming comfortable with our district.
The Family Room will be open on Tuesday mornings from 9-11am when school is in session. We look forward to meeting new friends this year! For further information, elementary school office at 589-7110.
How can my child benefit from the Family Room?
We work on skills that prepare your child for school at the Family Room.
- Interacting with peers
- Increase development of fine motor skills (including playdough, holding a crayon, cutting with scissors, playing with building toys)
- Following directions in a larger group
- Counting activities
- Recognizing shapes, numbers, colors, etc.
- Introducing Nursery Rhymes
- Listening quietly to a story
- Becoming familiar with the building, as we take small "field trips" to different locations in the building.
- Learn how to walk in a line quietly down the hallway