The Family Room will operate on
Tuesdays from 9am-11am
when school is in session for the 2017-18 school year.
The Family Room is located in the S-VE Elementary building.
What is the Family Room?
The Elementary School houses a “Family Room” program where parents and guardians of birth through school aged children in the S-VE School District can bring and stay with your child for interactive play-time, craft, snack and story once a week. This program is designed to assist you and your child in becoming familiar with the district, as well as help your child in the transition of entering school.
This opportunity has allowed children to meet new friends that have become their classmates in Pre-K, introduced children to the structure of school and assisted parents and guardians in becoming comfortable with our district.
The Family Room will be open on Tuesday mornings from 9-11am when school is in session. We look forward to meeting new friends this year! For further information, elementary school office at 589-7110.
How can my child benefit from the Family Room?
We work on skills that prepare your child for school at the Family Room.
- Interacting with peers
- Increase development of fine motor skills (including playdough, holding a pencil, cutting with scissors, playing with building toys)
- Following directions in a larger group
- Counting activities
- Recognizing letters, shapes, numbers, colors
- Introducing Nursery Rhymes
- Listening quietly to a story
- Becoming familiar with the building as we take small "field trips" to different locations in the building.
What else does the Family Room offer?
- The Family Room is also the home base for all volunteers. We welcome and encourage volunteers at the Elementary, Middle and High school.