Food Service Director: Jerry Carr
Cafeteria Office Phone: 589-7150
Breakfast and Lunch will be available for all students who receive free and reduced-price meals, organized through our Food Service Department.
Note to Parents Regarding School Meal Program
1. Click here (coming soon) to download an application for free or reduced meals or they are available at each school building. If you need assistance filling out these forms, the school secretaries are happy to assist you.
2. Applications do not need to be completed for each child applying. Please list each student’s name and grade on the form and this will apply to the entire family.
3. All children in a household who receive SNAP benefits or other assistance programs that provide a case number are eligible.
4. Foster children are eligible for free meals.
5. Reduced price meals may be approved if your household income is within the reduced-price limits on the Federal Eligibility Income Chart. Beginning on July 1, 2020, students in New York State who are approved for reduced price meals will receive breakfast and lunch at no charge.
6. If your child was approved last year, you are still required to fill out a 2020-2021 application for this year. Last year’s application is valid for the first 30 operating days of school. Applications for this year must be received by October 16, 2020.
7. Students who received free and reduced meals will qualify for:
• Free SAT, PSAT, ACT and AP Exams
• Free college application fee waivers
• In-School Programming with outside agencies (Upward Bound and Youth Engagement Services)
The number of applications that we receive helps determine if our school district could qualify for additional funding from New York State and the Federal Government
About our Program
The school lunch and breakfast program supplies modestly priced, nutritious meals for students at each of the three schools, supplying approximately two-thirds of their recommended daily allowance of vital nutrients. Some students pay full prices, some reduced prices, and others receive free school meals. All meals are subsidized by the federal government.
Our automated cafeteria system makes it possible to keep student transactions strictly confidential. Each student has an account set up under his or her ID card, and cafeteria purchases are handled discreetly. No one knows whether the meal is free, reduced-price or simply deducted from money placed in the student's account.
Students are given a free/reduced meals form with instructions, income guidelines and answers to frequently asked questions to take home during the first week of school. You can also get a form at any time from your child's school, and you can apply at any time during the school year (for example, if your family income changes). If your family income falls within the federal guidelines, you must complete this form and return it to your child's school in order to receive meal benefits.
Breakfast & Lunch Prices
|Elementary School||$1.55||Elementary School||$2.60|
|Middle School||$1.55||Middle School||$2.85|
|High School||$1.55||High School||$2.85|
* Due to COVID guidelines, students may need to eat in their classrooms.
Please make checks payable to the 'S-VE Lunch Program'