Board of Education Meetings
|2019 - 2020||2018 - 2019||2017 - 2018||2016 - 2017|
2018-19 Board Of Education Meetings
S-VE Board of Education meetings will officially begin at 6pm with an anticipated executive session.
The public portion of the meetings will resume at 7pm.
|July 5, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Re-Organization Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|August 9, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting||Minutes|
|August 23, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Workshop||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 13, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|September 27, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Workshop||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 11, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|October 25, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Workshop||Agenda||Minutes|
|November 8, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|December 13, 2018||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting - Executive Session @ 6pm||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 10, 2019||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting - Executive Session @ 6:30pm||Agenda||Minutes|
|January 24, 2019||(ES Library 7:00pm)||Workshop||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 14, 2019||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|February 28, 2019||(HS Library 7:00pm)||Workshop||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 14, 2019||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting - Executive Session @ 6:30pm||Agenda||Minutes|
|March 28, 2019||(ES Library 7:00pm)||Workshop||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 11, 2019||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|April 24, 2019||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Workshop||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 2, 2019||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Budget Hearing/Business Meeting||Agenda||Minutes|
|May 21, 2019||Budget Vote & Board Election|
|May 23, 2019||(MS Library 7:00pm)||Business Meeting - Executive Session@ 6:45pm||Agenda||Minutes|
|June 13, 2019||(HS Room 218 7:00pm)||Business Meeting - Executive Session @ 6:30pm||Agenda||Minutes|
Public Participation at Board Meetings
Spencer-Van Etten Board of Education business meetings are generally held on the second Thursday of each month and the fourth Thursday of each month being reserved for workshops. Meetings begin at 7:00 PM in the Middle School Library.
The Board of Education encourages public participation at its meetings in accordance with New York State law, which establishes the right of citizens to attend and listen to the deliberations of the board. There will be a specific agenda item at each regular board meeting to provide members of the school community an opportunity to address the board regarding agenda items and other concerns that can be legally discussed at a public session of the board.
The board shall establish a reasonable time period for such discussion and procedures to be followed by members of the community who wish to address the board.
The superintendent of schools is hereby directed to develop a regulation that establishes reasonable procedures to implement and execute this policy.
The president of the board shall be responsible for recognizing individuals wishing to address the board, determining if the actions and/or comments of the individual are in accordance with this policy and accompanying regulation and for taking action to advise any member of the community that he/she is out of order.
Regulations for Board Meeting Participation
The following procedures are hereby established for public comments at board meetings:
- Individuals who wish to address the board should sign the form provided by the district clerk prior to the start of the meeting. If possible, individuals should contact the superintendent s office prior to the meeting to request being placed on the agenda.
- The time period for public comment shall not exceed 30 minutes unless extended by a majority vote of the board. Any individual will be limited to a maximum of five minutes unless granted additional time by the board.
- Individuals may address items listed on the official agenda or such topics as may be legally addressed in a public session of the Board of Education.
- Individuals who wish to allege wrongdoing or misconduct on the part of specific employees or students must follow board policies established for that purpose and will not be allowed to address such items to the board except as provided in Policy 1440 (Complaints About School Personnel).
- Individuals who wish to allege wrongdoing or misconduct on the part of any company engaged by the school district must do so in writing to the board and will not be allowed to make such allegations in a public session of the board.
- No individual will be allowed to use profanity, abusive language, or make personal attacks, whether they are directed at the board members, school employees, students or members of the school community.
- Any individual who willfully violates this regulation or refuses to comply with a request from the president of the Board of Education may be prohibited from addressing the board for a period of time to be determined by a majority vote of the board.